Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wall Plaque-baby Ann + Andy




It's Raggedy Wednesday and I have a wall plaque to talk about. My wall art is press board and it is labeled Macmillan, Inc. Near as I can tell the company made Raggedy items from 1985 to the early nineties. Macmillan, inc is a publishing company and didn't produce Raggedy novelties or dolls.


I believe my plaque is from the "Raggedy Baby" series as the dog depicted in the plaque looks like a puppy, let alone the young expressions on Ann and Andy. Raggedy Arthur became the cherished pet in the nursery, yes, the brother and sister had a family dog. The older version is more recognizable.

ALWAYS.... has a patch on his behind. C & G Design.

4 comments:

tina said...

You do a good job teaching us some American history and it is so interesting! Cute dog but he doesn't look like Tartarus or my BJ, but that is ok as long as he is friendly.

Skeeter said...

I do not remember a Dog! That is so sweet that they had a puppy dog! Since we dont have children and all nephews and nieces are about grown up, I dont frequent the toy isle in stores. So I had no idea that Ann and Andy were still out there! That’s great!

Jean Merriman said...

Very cute!!!!

DP Nguyen said...

Wow, Cam says he totally remembered the dog. He used to have a Raggedy Andy doll when he was a baby. It brings back memories! SO cute